Thursday, June 6, 2013

Bye bye first trimester, HELLO second trimester!

Today marks 12 weeks of pregnancy and the beginning of the second trimester, a very exciting milestone! M, C and myself went to our first appointment with my midwife, Stephanie, and her assistant Crystal.  These two women are both amazing and so perfectly in tune with our unique situation, I could not ask for a better birth team! We spent an hour talking to them, asking questions and, of course, listening to that sweet baby's heartbeat! Stephanie found it right away, beating in the 150's, such beautiful music to our ears!

 Before we left, M & C were given a little figurine of a baby,
exactly the size that their baby is now at 12 weeks.

I am happy to be officially DONE with meds, as of yesterday, feeling good and excited to be a "normal" prego (as opposed to one on hormone supplements haha)! I will share soon my feelings on this pregnancy and how it has been different than my own pregnancies, for those who are interested!

Until then, we have another appointment to see Stephanie and Crystal in 4 weeks but M & C are very excited to see what kind of baby is cooking so in just 3 weeks we'll be going for a quick "fun" ultrasound to take a peek at the gender!

No comments:

Post a Comment