Tuesday, December 10, 2013

The Watched Pot

Baby A has now been baking for 38 weeks plus 5 days, and as I'm growing increasingly uncomfortable (and larger), I'm feeling like the watched pot! Our estimated due date is only 9 days away but a "due date" is just that - an estimation - and my body really likes baking babies, so I suspect that date will come and go with Baby A still nestled snuggly in his comfy spot.  But this fast approaching date often presents the question "will you be induced?" - luckily, my favorite midwife wrote a blog post on this very topic so rather than hash it all out again, I will let her say it more perfectly than I ever could - please check out her blog post on Induction of Labor.

While some days leave me feeling more miserable than others (directly related to how much sleep I managed to get the night before!), I'm fine with that, really, because it's a bittersweet thing to see this journey coming to a close.  I have loved every minute, even the hard ones, of bringing this miracle to life for M & C - and while the journey is coming to a close for me, a new, more fabulous journey is just beginning for them! So the birth supplies are gathered, the birth pool is filled, Baby A and I have been soaking in the warm water as I find the time, and we will continue to wait until he decides on the perfect time to join his daddies earthside!


No comments:

Post a Comment