Friday, August 10, 2012

Keeping It Real

I have been hesitant to blog about this because, really, who wants to hear me whine?? But things have at least somewhat turned a corner now and I've decided I'm keeping it real so here it goes...

I've been doing Lupron injections nightly for 10 days now and the first week was really rough.  The shots themselves are not a big deal, the needles are tiny and relatively painless - although you couldn't tell by looking at my lower abdomen, which is riddled with little bruises in various stages of healing.  But the side effects have been...not fun.  I was completely exhausted all the time and had a splitting headache every day - for a good 7 or 8 days straight.  Then I started Estrogen patches 3 days ago and about that same time I started getting some energy back and the headaches have at least diminished in intensity - thank goodness for Estrogen! I'll be on this Lupron/Estrogen combination until the day before the egg thaw, which is just 14 more days!

1 comment:

  1. You are a stong woman and are doing a great thing for M&C. Sorry about the headaches. That's no fun at all.

    ReplyDelete